Orthopaedic Pillow (Cervical)
Mid-Core® Cervical Pillow Helps Provide Proper Alignment Of The Spine
Our most requested fiber support pillow provides softer support and lasts longer than traditional pillows. The trapezoid-shaped center delivers great orthopedic benefits; cradling the head and firmly supporting the neck.
Two different sized lobes provide a better fit for different sized sleepers. Side lobes are taller for side sleeping. High resiliency fiber springs back when compressed for exceptional comfort and durability. Blended cotton cover is breathable and soft to the touch. Fits a standard pillowcase. 24”x 16” (61cm x 41cm)
Maximize Your Comfort And Support
Our fiber pillows are designed specifically with the neck and back in mind. Choose the Gentle support of the Mid-Core Pillow! If you are new to a cervical support pillow, it may take time to adjust; this is the pillow working to help restore proper cervical curve during sleep.
MidSize (Mid-Core) – 22×15″ (56cm x 38cm)
|Pain Solution||Headaches, Neck, Shoulder|
|Care Instructions||Hand Washing and Drying:
|Material||Pillow: Fiber, Cover: Cotton|
- Most Requested Fiber Orthopedic Support Pillow.
- Designed to correct and maintain cervical alignment.
- Core pillows are beneficial to those who sleep on their side as well as for back sleepers.
- Core pillows’ unique trapezoid center cradles the head and supports the neck to help align the neck and the
- head in their proper positions.
- Because the cervical curve is supported in its neutral position, using Core pillows helps to correct nerve malfunction and promotes healing of injuries. More importantly, Core pillows promote good health while providing maximum comfort by preserving the normal curvature of the neck and spine.
- Two different sized lobes provide better fit for different sized sleepers.
- Bottom: Smaller Neck Support
- Top: Larger Neck Support
- Side Lobes are taller than the trapezoid center, to accommodate side sleeping.
- High resiliency fiber springs back when compressed. Blended cotton cover is breathable and soft. Fiberfill
- provides softer support and lasts longer.
- Core is a premium product with 240 thread count, deluxe material and a very high quality soft luxurious fiber that lasts a long time and offers correction and comfort.
- Smaller versions available to fit petit and child body types. (Mid-Core & Petite-Core pillows)
What is an Orthopedic Support Pillow?
Orthopedic Support Pillows: Support pillows are designed to help a. correct and b. maintain proper cervical posture/alignment while sleeping by providing the right amount of resistive feedback into the cervical & upper thoracic musculature.
Special Note: Support type pillows are orthotic devices (like a custom orthotic in your shoe) and therefore may take time to get accustomed to. Healthcare providers should give patients proper education regarding the time needed for training the musculature in accepting the pillow. Although some people can react positively to this type of pillow immediately, others may take up to 2 weeks of gradual increased use through the night. Patient should use pillow to waking tolerance and then switch to previous pillow for the rest of the night. Each successive night, patient should increase time support pillow is used through the night.
Correct: Helps eliminate symptoms by treating the cause of the condition. Helps correct the cause of pain, supports treatment to regain proper function.
At this stage, orthopedic pillows are often prescribed to assist in correcting the diagnosed condition and to help the patient regain proper function. Allows tissue to heal functionally. Prepares for the maintenance stage. Corrective pillows can help alleviate headaches; neck muscle and joint strains, arthritis and whiplash discomfort and help restore proper nerve function. Supportive pillows are used in this stage of care.
Maintain: Ensures continued good health by helping sustain the body in its proper, natural posture. Complements care to help prevent recurrence/progression. Pillows selected for the Maintain Stage should ensure continued good health by providing proper positioning and helping preserve the natural curvature of the neck and spine. For ideal maintenance, the pillow should provide maximum support and comfort. In fact, most people discover that once the normal curvature of the neck is restored, they crave the comfort of maximum support – the reason supportive pillows have grown more popular. Supportive pillows are used in this stage of care.
Orthopedic Pillow Uses
Natural placement of the head and neck, accomplished with the many different styles and shapes of Core cervical pillows, can help relieve intense pain by providing natural and correct posturing in supine (back) and side-sleeping positions.
Cervical support pillows are used when a cervical hypolordosis (less than normal curvature of the spine) exists, to prevent hypolordosis, or when cervical spasms or strains occur. These pillows are orthotic devices (apparatus used to align or support) used to help relieve spasms, remove minor tensions and maintain or resume the natural cervical lordotic curve while at rest.
By providing proper neck support, cervical pillows can help with
- Neck muscle and joint strains and sprains
- Tension headaches
- Whiplash injuries
- Morning hand stiffness and swelling
- Temporomandibular disorders
- Snoring (in some cases)
Differences in Pillow Materials
Fiber: Allows for comfort and support. High quality fiber is blown to exact specification to insure uniform distribution and pillow weight.
Originally used to emulate features of natural down pillows & used in comfort for accommodation.
Advances in fiber have resulted in great ability to comfort & support.
Core Pillows use conjugated fiber which acts like a spring.
During manufacturing, high pressure will link fibers together & different resiliency levels can be created in the pillow. This process helps fiber stay in place and resists migration, yielding consistent support as fiber generally has amorphous tendencies and can clump or rat tail during cleaning.
Foam can offer the most consistent support but Fiber currently can offer almost as much but with more comfort.
Fiber material is available in wide array of sizes, shapes & coatings.
Has ability to perform as either a semi-solid or semi-fluid.
Polyester fiber has natural flame retardance & durability.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.